Shamrock Hotel at Addisons Flat
Original Filename: 0299_cropped.jpg (view)
Original Size: 2.1 MB
Original Image Type: image/jpeg
the Shamrock Hotel at Addisons Flat, the first hotel built at Addison's Flat and the last building to survive at Addisons, originally built by John HAYES in 1867, but was purchased by Phillip McENROE in 1868, and he conducted it for over 35 years. In 1904 it was taken over by Mrs McCANN, but the license lapsed in 1938. (see also copy 0262) The lady in photo was a Miss DOYLE, a sister to Mrs Harry LOCKEY (Bridie DOYLE). Advertisement in local paper : Phillip McEnroe, Shamrock Hotel, Store and Bakery, Addison's Flat.