Railway Junction Hotel at Fairdown in 1917

Original Filename: 0441.jpg (view)

Original Size: 1.1 MB

Original Image Type: image/jpeg

Railway Junction Hotel at Fairdown in 1917.

Caption

Railway Junction Hotel at Fairdown in 1917.  This first hotel was to the rear and left-hand side of the old Fairdown Railway Station (next to the powerhouse road), young lady is Kate STANNARD (who was Mrs Margaret STEPHEN's mother), and Kate's grandmother Margaret (Peg) STANNARD.  Stannard's family sold the hotel to people by the name of KEOGHAN who eventually sold the property to a Mrs HARRISON, this lady bought the Fairdown School and adjacent section and then built a new hotel and named it The Pines, which is still operating

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion